July 21, 2013

Lightening Henna'ed hair, Part I

Part I:


I have lightened my henna'ed hair and lived to tell.

Here is a photo of my hair color, post BKT, before my first henna
My hair was straight (post BKT during that 3 day waiting period) in the above photo. I am starting to realize that I only photograph myself when my hair is straight. That needs to stop.

Here is a more recent photo:
So this photo was taken two months ago, and the one above was taken a year ago in June. You can see the ends of my hair are basically black, with a red tint.

Honey Lightening

I found out about honey lightening on the LHCF. Basically, honey has naturally occuring peroxide, and when mixed with other peroxide boosters (cinnamon, cardamom, coconut oil, olive oil) it can have a lightening effect on hair (over the course of multiple treatments). 

I can not speak to whether honey lightening works. My skin and scalp are sensitive to cinnamon. I found out the hard way. Fiery red lines down my face that looked like chemical burns. They subsided in an hour, but I knew that I was going to need to take another approach.


To be continued............... (part two will cover some popular at home hair lighteners)




No comments:

Post a Comment